Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Objects of Obsession

I got a phone call a couple weeks ago from my ex-husband. He said he just wanted to make amends and let me know that he had no more ill will towards me etc. I was touched by his phone call but couldn't help but think that he had ulterior motives.

Two days later I got a call from a county courthouse in FL they wanted to get my address so they could serve me some court documents. At that point, I knew it had something to do with my ex and his phone call.

The time period where I was waiting to find out what was going on was really stressful and reminded me of all the time I spent deployed and could do nothing about my marriage falling apart except just worry and speculate about what was happening in my absence.


Phone Call: Mistakes of Your Past


Worry is still of no use:
His weight presses into my chest.
The meaning is too obtuse,
I try to be at my best.

His weight presses into my chest,
I can feel the room closing in.
I try to be at my best.
How many years has it been?

I can feel the room closing in,
Yet now I am much stronger.
How many years has it been?
To forget would take much longer.

Yet now I am much stronger,
I won't go on that same ride.
To forget would take much longer.
I hold on fast to my pride.

I won't go on the same ride.
Worry is still of no use.
I hold on fast to my pride.
The meaning is too obtuse.

1 comment:

  1. we just have to keep going on... i don't really know what else to do besides fall to pieces.

    ReplyDelete