Friday, February 5, 2010

In the spirit of "let's get acquainted"...

Hello, I’m Mary Ann Schallert, a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War, Ft. Lewis Chapter in Washington State. I am a US Navy veteran, a retired telecommunications professional and an almost lifelong author of short stories and poetry. I was an English major at college “way back when”… although my writing expertise and inspiration come mostly from real life. I am a regular contributor to Members Speak at ivaw.org, as well as GotPoetry.com where I post under the pen-name “maryanns”. If you visit GotPoetry, you will find many of my topical works showcased there. I also have a recently published book available at Amazon.com… “Poet on the Edge of the Back of Beyond”. The book contains poetry, short stories and photographs of life on the west coast. I very much look forward to working with Warrior Writers and I’m excited to become personally acquainted with many more members when the Warrior Writers workshop comes to Seattle. Very best wishes to all, Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment