Monday, April 18, 2011

My Tool Box

I carried it, it carried thirty pounds. It was a keeper of lifesaving tools. Gauze, tape, sodium chloride, and tubing for the infussion of such. Needles and band-aids, even a little morphine. Lots of tabs, you know-- the ibuprofen type. The army considers it a cure-all. "Hand it out like candy" every day is Halloween. Don't worry about a thing, especially your liver being worth a damn by age thirty. Tons of gloves-- my one pet peeve, I would go without on certain scenes, but that; that's just me. I always wanted to be a helper of those too scared to be free. I was a medic and it was my tool box. *What did you carry that left a stain on your brain? What did you do with it, and what were and are your feelings about it?

1 comment:

  1. *What did you carry that left a stain on your brain? What did you do with it, and what were and are your feelings about it?
    ----------------
    Mark 1 M16... a deadly weapon, a danger to anyone depending on it... See trigger finger... My feelings? There wasnt supposed to be any shooting, certainly not for Christmas. I'm still in touch with our medic, I'll send this to him, thank you for writing it

    ReplyDelete