Sunday, July 15, 2012

Introduction


lol
Warrior Writers,

My name is Joseph Wade. I write. I write a lot. I read a lot too. You can say that letters are my life's passion. I'm fortunate enough to be going to a college that is ranked among the top 20 colleges for writing. I've been studying the craft of writing for three years. In three years, I've studied news, poetry, fiction and non fiction under enough professors that it is tough to count them. They've taught me a lot of tricks and they've opened my eyes to a vast world of writing, but what I've found is that there are really only two things a writer needs to do: put the pen to paper and put the brain in a book. If a writer does that persistently, then they will grow in ability.

Now, just hacking away at a paper everyday without anyone telling you the tools of the trade is a lot like a guy taking his ratchets to his engine without having been taught the tricks of fine tuning. I've been taught many of the tricks of fine tuning. I'd like to pass them on to you. And maybe in passing them on to you, I'll cement them in my own mind, and I would like that. So, you see, this is a bit selfish an endeavor. But I do hope it helps you too.

Joseph Wade
https://www.facebook.com/JosephWadepoems

No comments:

Post a Comment